Friday, February 18, 2011

Can't help to yawn

I am so stressed out since the past weeks and while I am making this post I cant help myself to often yawn. Sometimes its quite bothering especially if I have many important things to do. I tried taking a cup of coffee because it said to be a relief for dosing off and that coffee would make you alert. But this style did not have any effect on me. It even induced me to sleep. I come to read that yawning is associated with tiredness, stress, overwork, lack of stimulation, and boredom. Yawning can also be a powerful non-verbal message with several possible meanings, depending on the circumstances. In humans, yawning has an infectious quality (i.e., seeing a person yawning, talking to someone on the phone who is yawning, or just thinking of yawning can trigger yawning) which is a typical example of positive feedback. I am thinking that I lack enough sleep this time and my body is signaling me to have a break and relax for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment