Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shoulder Stress

Lately, I experienced some pain particularly affecting my right shoulder. The pain usually happens at night while taking some rest. I had to put some liniments like tai chi virgin coco oil or salonpas gel to soothed the pain. I felt the relief on the next day but sometimes the pain comes back again.I did some shoulder exercise to help relaxed the muscles and nerves. I was thinking it is a stress manifestation of the body.My friend Myla lend me her magazine---GoodHousekeeping. As I scanned through the pages on good health, there was an article that made me interested to read. Let me share to you it's content;

Did You Know?
*** A full handbag can weigh as much as 10 pounds, so its' no surprise that carrying one over your shoulder can cause neck and shoulder problems. Try to keep your bag as light as possible and alternate it between shoulders regularly. Better still, opt for a smaller bag that you can swap back and forth from hand to hand.***
I believe so in this article because most times I carry full handbag that is only concentrated on my right shoulder. Perhaps that also contributed to the pain. Now i am trying not to overload my carry bag as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment